Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a blog about various things I enjoy – role playing games, video games, books, and the occasion rare TV show. This blog is mostly going to be dedicated to tabletop roleplaying games, however, so expect to see a lot of that.

I plan on writing blog posts about video games and other media, and how they relate to roleplaying games. In particular, analyzing story, mechanics, and similar, and what we can learn from them for tabletop games. I do not plan on doing video game reviews – there are enough blogs and sites for them.

My RPG examinations will be closer to reviews. For RPGs, expect me to go more in-depth on the mechanics, taking a closer look at what makes them tick, why they work well, or why they just plain suck. If you can’t handle rational, critical thoughts, turn away. I’m not going to go easy on an RPG just because I like it, so I’m not going to go easy on one just because you like it! A game can be good, and still have its bad points to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment